PWCF announces that they have been accepted, for the third year in a row, as an Official Charity in the 2018 JetBlue Long Beach Marathon
As National Prader-Willi Awareness Month begins to come to a close, we would like to bring your attention to one of our biggest and most exciting public awareness and fundraising events of the year which is fast approaching: The 2018 Jet Blue Long Beach Marathon! If you haven’t already had the opportunity to experience this wonderful event, which also includes the Aquarium of the Pacific 5k – an incredible walk/jog/run that goes right through the Aquarium, you truly must check it out! Your PWCF is a proud Official Charity of this event, and assembles the resilient Team PWCF (follow us on Facebook!) each year to walk, run and raise awareness for PWS among some 24,000 of our SoCal neighbors. Come by and say hi at our PWCF booth at the Fitness Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center, or better yet sign up and help us raise upwards of $10,000 towards Camp Scholarships, PWS specific clinics, advocacy and support groups and more. You won’t regret it!
- Date: Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Location: Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach
- Registration Fee: $38
Run the JetBlue Long Beach Marathon or Half Marathon
- Date: Sunday, October 7, 2018
- Location: Long Beach – Start & Finish near Long Beach Arena
- Registration Fee: Marathon – $125 / Half Marathon – $110
- Aquarium of the Pacific 5K team members shall raise at least $250 per person
- JetBlue Long Beach Marathon & Half Marathon team members shall raise at least $500 per person
- Earn prizes for raising higher levels of money:
- Raise $5000 – Win an Apple Watch 3
- Raise $3000 – Win a Fitbit Alta HR
- Raise $1000 – Win an Amazon Gift Card
Don’t register with the Long Beach Marathon yourself – discounted registration will be available when you join TeamPWCF using our registration codes.